Home  //  News  //  Playing with lighter cause of fire
  • Register
Monday August 20, 2018

Playing with lighter cause of fire

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 09:44 AM
Written by Stan Maddux
Category: Local News
The cause of a La Porte house fire was a child playing with a lighter.
That's according to police...who responded to the 300 block of Cable St.
late Friday morning.
The investigation shows four year old twins were in the kitchen
with their mother.
One of the boys went upstairs.
Soon.....smoke detectors began going off.
Everyone managed to get out safely.
Police say the mother said there have been problems with her children
playing with lighters.
And...firefighters found a lighter upstairs where the one child had been.
Police say damage was estimated 15 thousand dollars.
fmc 240




Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.