Home  //  News  //  woman shocked in pool
  • Register
Tuesday September 18, 2018
Print
Email

woman shocked in pool

Thursday, July 05, 2018 16:08 PM
Written by Stan Maddux
Category: Local News


Firefighters and paramedics responded to an electrical scare involving a New Buffalo area woman reporting she was shocked in a swimming pool.

According to the New Buffalo Township Fire Department, an ambulance from Medic 1 responded July 1 to the area of 11661 Marquette Dr.

Upon arrival, a tree branch was spotted on some power lines at the lakefront location just east of the New Buffalo public beach.

New Buffalo Township Fire Chief James Flick said the power lines were not broken nor were they touching the ground.

Rut, somehow, responding units reported the unidentified woman swimming in the pool was shocked.

She refused offers by paramedics for medical treatment at the scene but she had somebody from the residence take her to a local hospital, Flick said.

Firefighters remained on the scene until crews with American Electric Power Company arrived and removed the tree branch.
fmc 240

Login

Register

*
*
*
*
*
*

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.